Although I missed the original website, I was able to pull the following up from the cache. Unbelievable.
Now, it's one thing when an air-headed advertising type puts something like this together - you can chalk it up to a complete lack of intelligence and sensitivity. But what about this:
The Association For Adoption Of Little Bites™ is a fully licensed adoption service. Established in 1996 with the aim to find caring homes for loving little bites. Everyone is welcome to adopt! It doesn’t matter if you’re a single mum or dad, or a teenager, a senior citizen, a size 14 or a French politician. Even short people and married couples with children may adopt.
The Association For Adoption Of Little Bites™ is a fully licensed adoption service. Established in 1996 with the aim to find caring homes for loving little bites. Everyone is welcome to adopt! It doesn’t matter if you’re a single mum or dad, or a teenager, a senior citizen, a size 14 or a French politician. Even short people and married couples with children may adopt with AFAOLB™.
Parenthood is great and we encourage everyone to go through with a bite adoption, but keep in mind that; a bite is for life – it’s not for lunch. That means that with adoption come responsibilities. It’s important for us here at AFAOLB™ that every adopted baby bite gets a good upbringing. Don’t worry, it may sound more complicated than it is. We will be with you every step of the way.
Check out our new Baby Bite Lifetime Insurance Plan™ which includes:
- Fixed premium for better financial planning
- Lifelong medical and life insurance protection to give you and your bite extra peace of mind
- Receive a 10% discount on Babybite Bumbers (newborn size only) in most stores throughout the UK
- A folder decorated with the AFAOLB™ stork logo, great for organizing
I think the fact that people responded positively to this campaign frightens me more than the existence of the campaign itself. We can reach Pizza Hut and take the campaign down. But how do you reach the individuals that think this is OK and change their minds?
New Proud Parents
1. Lucky, adopted by Kev & Shell
2. child, adopted by ramaa & Male & Female
3. jay, adopted by ramaa
4. Samuel, adopted by Sarah
5. britney, adopted by Nicola Weston
6. wolfgang, adopted by Kady Moy & Katie Hilton
7. asama, adopted by helgordon
8. frank, adopted by helgordon
9. Ste jr, adopted by Kara Lyons
10. jesse, adopted by janice pickering
I want to scream. I think I will. Right into Mr. Simon Wallis' ear, via his email at Simon.Wallis@pizzahut.co.uk. And into the ear of Mr. Neil Christie, the campaign's creator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you Kim, for providing these email addresses, and for giving the link to the WK website, where you can leave a comment: